Bellevue College is seeking a part-time instructor for Japanese language credit courses starting the 2018 Spring Quarter (first day of instruction is April 2, 2018). The courses are held at the Bellevue College Main Campus. The position may be renewable for the 2018 Summer Quarter and forward, though not guaranteed.
1) One evening course (JAPN123) scheduled between 5:30-7:40pm on Monday and Wednesday.
2) Possibility of 100- and/or 200-level daytime courses.
3) Genki Textbook (Japan Times) is used for all courses.
1) Master’s degree in Teaching Japanese, Japanese Linguistics, or a related field, or a Bachelor’s degree with several years of teaching experience.
2) Experience teaching Japanese as a foreign language – preferably at the college or university level.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Send a letter and resume to:
Anne Matsumoto Stewart
Once the application material is reviewed, qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview and teaching demonstration in February.