Bellevue College is seeking a part-time instructor for Japanese language credit courses starting the 2018 Spring Quarter (first day of instruction is April 2, 2018). The courses are held at the Bellevue College Main Campus. The position may be renewable for the 2018 Summer Quarter and forward, though not guaranteed.
- 100-level evening course starting Spring 2018
- 200-level evening course starting Fall 2018
- 100- and/or 200-level daytime courses starting Spring 2018
- Evening courses are scheduled between 5:30 pm -7:40 pm, either on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday
Genki Textbook (Japan Times) is used for all courses
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Teaching Japanese, Japanese linguistics, or a related field, OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of teaching experience
- Experience teaching Japanese as a foreign language – preferably at the college or university level
- Experience working with diverse colleagues in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English and Japanese
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Send a letter and resume to:
Anne Matsumoto Stewart
Once the application material is reviewed, qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview and teaching demonstration in February.